The school year is right around the corner. If you are still counting down the days, here are a few tips on how to prepare for back-to-school season.
- Get Supplies. Every school and classroom usually has a unique list of the supplies needed for the year. Make sure you get everything your child needs so they can have a great start.
- Start early. If your kids barely got to school on time last year, plan to start the morning routine 10-15 minutes earlier to give you more breathing room and less stress.
- Get homework done. Create a space for your kids to do their homework. If they have a specific area that has all the supplies they need (pencils, erasers, calculators, etc.), they will likely have more success.
- Stay organized. Create a family calendar in a common space. Try using a large white board with color-coded markers for each member of the family.
- Out with the old. If your kids are getting new school clothes, help them go through their drawers and closet and pack up clothes that are too small or out of season. This will make it easier for them to find the right clothes for school.