During the hot summer months, it’s more important than ever to stay cool and hydrated. One easy way to do that is through tasty, healthy treats that are packed with water, which will satisfy your cravings as well as quench your thirst.
Here’s a list of summer snacks to beat the heat:
- Popsicles – This classic go-to treat is cheap to buy at the store and easy to make at home, with fresh fruit juice.
- Frozen fruits – Many fruits, such as grapes and watermelon, are made of mostly water. Better yet, you can eat them frozen by placing these fruits in the freezer.
- Banana ice cream – Instead of conventional, calorie-dense ice cream, make your own ice cream out of a cheap, delicious kitchen staple: the banana.
- Peppers – This time of the year, you’ll see plenty of peppers at your local farmers market. And while you’d think they’d warm you up, spicy foods actually lower your body temperature.
Do you have any other snack ideas? Let us know in the comments.
Are you planning to take your car back to campus with you this year? There are a few measures that you can take to drastically reduce your risk of car problems later on, seriously saving you time and heartache.
Here are some tips back to school car tips to get you started:
- Check on your vehicle’s vitals under the hood, including the fluid levels and the battery.
- Look into your tire pressure, alignment, and tread; and make sure that you remember how to properly change a tire.
- If you’re attending school far from home, familiarize yourself with the auto service companies nearby, in case you need them.
- Make sure you’re not due for an oil change or an inspection in the near future, and if so, be prepared to address them in your school’s town.
- Lastly, keep a log of your vehicle’s maintenance, and be sure that it’s well taken care of in general. Consistent maintenance will really make a difference in your vehicle’s longevity.
Do you have any other ideas? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.