Are you planning to take your car back to campus with you this year? There are a few measures that you can take to drastically reduce your risk of car problems later on, seriously saving you time and heartache.
Here are some tips back to school car tips to get you started:
- Check on your vehicle’s vitals under the hood, including the fluid levels and the battery.
- Look into your tire pressure, alignment, and tread; and make sure that you remember how to properly change a tire.
- If you’re attending school far from home, familiarize yourself with the auto service companies nearby, in case you need them.
- Make sure you’re not due for an oil change or an inspection in the near future, and if so, be prepared to address them in your school’s town.
- Lastly, keep a log of your vehicle’s maintenance, and be sure that it’s well taken care of in general. Consistent maintenance will really make a difference in your vehicle’s longevity.
Do you have any other ideas? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.